Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stumbling and Mumbling

I recently joined Stumbleupon, and as I browsed thought the random links,a weird thought came in my head. Am I happy? To which I almost spontaneously answered, "Nope".
I think I stumbled upon my self (note to future self: don't be this corny).

So I did the first thing I would do when I don't know the answer to a question. I googled it. The image results gave me this:


I really don't know why a lady jumping on, what looks like, the backdrop of the Windows XP background trailing her unnaturally large quantity of balloons for a single person represents Happiness. Maybe she just won a battle  against cancer and thought the best way to celebrate is to run with balloons as someone photographs her. Maybe she just realllly likes balloons.

Okay, I don't really care as to why she is happy. Which got me to thinking, 'what is happiness?' Honestly, I think that's too big a question for a single individual to even begin to grasp. But should that fact, be a hindrance? Just because it's too big doesn't mean that one shouldn't even try. If I think about it, There is no physical thing that stands in the way of my happiness.

So here I am, writing this blog, once again, more of a self journal for later reference (I guess). The Apollo lunar module was larger in size than a Tyrannosaurus Rex. And, in a unrelated matter, I am not happy. And that alone is the reason to start working towards happiness. Happiness is different from contentment, which is bound to come back down to a neutral level after an initial time. I don't expect it to happen overnight, but I realize that it's sure as hell not going to happen on its own.

The concept of happiness varies from person to person. And I don't know what my idea is. But today is as good a time to start, as any.

No comments: